Saturday, January 5, 2019

Welcome...

First of all, welcome to my travel blog! I'm assuming most of you are here because you want to stay updated on my upcoming study abroad adventure in the spring. Starting on January 7, 2019, I will be taking on a whole new experience that I could not be more excited for. I will be studying abroad in Chiang Mai, Thailand, while being able to attend the University of Chiang Mai! For a long time, Thailand has been on my travel bucket list, but I never imagined that I would be able to spend four months here during my college tenure. I have traveled to many places before but I am excited to see what Thailand has to offer, especially it being my first time in this region of the globe. Chiang Mai, translated for "New City", is in the Northern region of Thailand. The city is known for its beautiful landscape, world famous temples, exotic culture, friendly people, and world-class cuisine. Surrounded by lush jungle and green terrain, Chiang Mai University is an internationally ranked institution in the top 250 universities. With over 30,000 students enrolled, CMU is a modern and highly respected school. As a lot of my time will be devoted to school and learning as much as I can throughout the courses, I am also excited to explore Chiang Mai and the surrounding region. I am planning to do a weekly blog update that will highlight what I have been up to on my journey, with the occasional random posts. I could not be more ready to start this once in a lifetime opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment