
Hello! My name is Terence Martin, I am an American student who attends Washington and Jefferson College, located in Western PA. Currently, I am studying abroad during the 2019 spring semester at Chiang Mai University in Chiang Mai, Thailand! Stay updated on my incredible journey and new experiences with my weekly and random blog updates! Travel on, the world awaits! “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” ― St. Augustine
Wednesday, January 9, 2019
“Sawasdee Krab”
"Sawasdee Krab", a phrase I have heard many times already during my short time I have been here in Chiang Mai, which is a Thai greeting. They call Thailand the "land of smiles" and I understand why! From the moment I left the airport, everybody I had encountered is extremely welcoming and friendly, which is a nice feeling for a foreigner when visiting a new country. After I collected my luggage I headed to the taxi terminals and picked a car to take me to my housing unit where I will be staying the whole time I am here in Chiang Mai. I am now writing this blog post in my apartment. I settled in and unpacked all of my things. The area of the apartment is nice and is home to a lot of students at CMU. Looking outside of my balcony I have a view of the mountainous landscape that surrounds the city. It is truly beautiful here and I can't wait to start exploring, but for now, I need to rest because I am already a victim of jet lag and I have orientation at 8am tomorrow morning. 

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment