Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Halfway There

Greetings from Dohar, Qatar! I am currently waiting to board my last flight to finally arrive in Chiang Mai. I am already really jet-lagged and tired from the long flight. I know that flying through the different time zones will only worsen the fatigue but I know once I land in Thailand I will be fine...at least until I settle in and then have to sleep. So much has been on my mind, mostly I find myself thinking about the whole experience. Just a few years ago I had the idea that I wanted to travel the world and see many places. Fast forward to now, I have seen many different countries, set foot in multiple continents, and I am about to become a student at a huge university in Northern Thailand. The whole thing is just surreal and I often feel like I am in a dream when I look outside the plane window and see these cities I never thought I would be able to see. Traveling the world has really opened my mind up to many new aspects of life. I've witnessed things I never knew existed, I've tasted food I never thought I'd try, I've experienced countless moments that have taken my breath away, and I have developed life-long relationships all over the globe with some of the most amazing people I ever met in my life. They say traveling changes you and gives you a new outlook on the world and life itself, and I will be the first to agree. My first ever trip alone, I boarded the plane on a mission to find new things and what I ended up finding in the process was myself, my purpose. Journeying across the world has opened many doors for me and gave me some of the best memories of my life that I will always hold onto and I know my time in Thailand will only build on top of these. My next post will be from Chiang Mai! Only 3,056 more miles to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment