Monday, February 11, 2019

Weekend In Chiang Rai

This past weekend was a blast! I went on a 2 day trip to Chiang Rai, along with 4 other people. We visited famous sights such as the Blue Temple, Black Temple, White Temple, and the giant Buddha statue. The Black Temple featured many animal bones and different animal skins and the White Temple had interesting depictions of demons and people climbing from "hell". We stayed at "Get Hi Hostel" in Chiang Rai which is located in the city center right in the middle of the walking market. We explored the market and tried out different street food along the way. The market had a lot of bugs to eat and I also saw an open cricket crate that was ready for frying. It was really cool to see and try! We ended up eating at an outdoor restaurant where a live Thai band was playing at. Chaing Rai is definitely a more laid back city where there is more of a blend of cultures. At the hostel there were other travelers who were there as well and I met a really cool guy from France and we sparked up a conversation, first about basketball, then we started talking about many other things. One of the many things I love about traveling is getting to meet really nice people from all over the world who share the same interests as you. Even though you may never meet that person ever again in life, its a beautiful feeling to be able to have a conversation, sharing each other's stories and plans, while traveling around the world. My next trip is planned and booked for February 22 to the 25. My friend and I are heading to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia! I'm definitely excited for the experience and for some fun activities during this trip. As much as I like traveling alone, I have the opportunity to be traveling with new friends and create awesome memories around the globe!








1 comment: