Hello! My name is Terence Martin, I am an American student who attends Washington and Jefferson College, located in Western PA. Currently, I am studying abroad during the 2019 spring semester at Chiang Mai University in Chiang Mai, Thailand! Stay updated on my incredible journey and new experiences with my weekly and random blog updates! Travel on, the world awaits! “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” ― St. Augustine
Friday, May 3, 2019
Long awaited update (May 3)
It’s been a while since my last update, things got really busy after my trip to three countries. To quickly summarize, my time in Vietnam, Singapore, and Indonesia was very successful and I had a great time. Soon after that my mom and brother came all the way here to visit for a little more than a week. We had a great time exploring temples, markets, interacting with elephants, swimming, and much more. It was definitely one of the best times of the whole trip. Although I have been having such great times, everything is going so fast. Too fast. So fast that I am no longer at my apartment. The semester has ended, I took my finals, and I moved out:( a lot of people left today to go home and others are staying to further travel with friends and family across Southeast Asia. I can’t bel that the semester has ended and it’s over. It seems like yesterday I was planning to come here, now I’m planning to leave. Seems like traveling always ends up this way and things go by too fast when you don’t want them to. I am now in another Airbnb apartment. Took some trouble finding it but I am here. The next few days I will enjoy in Chiang Mai and end the entire trip here. I plan on getting my hair braided, see the markets for the last time, and get my sak yant yantra tattoo by the monk in a spiritual ceremony on the last day I am in Thailand. Great way to end the trip and have something sentimental yet powerful for the rest of my life to remember my time here. I moved everything out today and it didn’t take that long. The area I am in now is very residential and in the middle of a local neighborhood. It’s peaceful and I’m happy to end things this way. I am going to sleep now so I can wake up early tomorrow and enjoy my last days here. Definitely going to enjoy every minute, just like I have done since January!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Enjoy every last second❤
ReplyDelete